Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Paul Simon Tells us how to win elections

The problem is all inside your head
She said to me
The answer is easy if you
Take it logically
I'd like to help you in your struggle
To be free
There must be fifty ways
To win an election
 
[CHORUS:]
You Just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
Call all your friends, Sen
You don't need to discuss much
Just chop off the RW BS, Lee!
Tell them to serve US, or else!
And get yourself free
 
She said it's really not my habit
To intrude
Furthermore, I hope my meaning
Won't be lost or misconstrued
But I'll repeat myself
At the risk of being crude
There must be fifty ways
To beat the cons
 
Chorus
 
She said "it grieves me to see you in such pain;
Let me explain to you how we can win elections again;
You don't need to be someone else or even a jerk.
You can do it, but it takes a lot of work
So I'll repeat myself
At the risk of being crude
There must be fifty ways
To beat the cons
 
Chorus
 
She said we all have problems with Politicians who are jerks,
and their bad decisions are what it is that really hurts.
But you don't have to vote for them!
You don't have to vote for them at all!
So I'll remind you at the risk of being crude:
There must be Fifty ways to beat the cons!
 
Chorus
 

Reference:http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/paulsimon/50waystoleaveyourlover.html

No comments:

Post a Comment