Trump practices these methods of the "Big Lie"
Trump's Five Principles of Autocratization
Further he also practices the 5 principles of Autocratization that propaganda that others have used before him. Amazingly, Steve Schmidt, who I remember shilling for GW Bush years ago when GW was doing some of these things, recognized and had enough with #Trumpenfuhrer's methodology that even he is raising the alarm. His formulation of the 5 Principles of totalitarian propaganda, restated in my own words, is as follows:
- He uses Big Lie techniques to incite ferver in his base of fervent followers.
- branding scapegoats and rivals as enemies; affixing blame for complex problems to them and them alone.
- Further, he gaslights his followers by alleging conspiracies, hidden, nefarious and linked to those scapegoated populations
- He spreads a sense of victimization among them.
- He asserts the need to exert heretofore unprecedented power to protect his victim fans from those conspiracies and scapegoated populations.