Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Sitting on Broken Bones

Here I sit, focusing on my breathing
Sitting on Broken bones,
rotting beneath my feet.
Bones that litter the earth
I fear they cannot bear the weight
Of all these broken dreams; the fear, the hate.
 
Am I lost in the past?
Is the future so gloomy?
Is there room in my heart
for healing and mending?
 
Here I sit, focusing on my breathing
Back straight, broken legs crossed
Is that meditation?
Lost in the present moment,
mindful only that my peace;
is threatened by these broken dreams; consequences, Karma, fate.
 
Is the present really so dire?
Can I rest and be refreshed?
Or is it time to retire,
and join my bones to those in the earth?
 
Here I sit, focusing on my breathing
mindful that my solo actions
Are alone not enough to heal the world!
to knit together the broken bones scattered across the world.
I alone cannot bear the weight
Of all these threatened dreams; the fear, the hate.
And I wonder, have I come too late?
 
I hear the voices of those who have passed.
They clamor and call to me. To us?
"Your dreams are our dreams!
Only you can transform our screams to peace!"
 
But here I sit, focusing on my breathing
Sitting in quiet meditation
knowing that I sit on strong spiritual shoulders
These bones are knitting and they will heal!
The dreams they bear will blossom and the bones anneal and toughen.
Loving dreams are far more powerful than any anger, fear or hate.
These bones will rise! It's never too late!
 
I hear the voices and the bones are rattling.
They rise from the earth and march across the land.
"We have a story to tell!"
"Redeem us! Save us! By doing what you must!"
"Redeem yourselves or we will never heal."
 
Here I sit, focusing on my breathing
Born on the shoulders of our ancestors.
Our families and our predecessors. All our kin!
Our great family whose love can heal the world!
Alone, none of us can bear the weight.
But these bones, together, knit together the world.
 
They say; "The Future is in strong hands!"
"And you are not alone."

Christopher H. Holte, April 27, 2016

"Ezequiel said them dry bones, now hear the word of the Lord!"

No comments:

Post a Comment