Monday, June 18, 2018

The Fireman

The Dream
 
Last night I dreamed
And everything was fine.
My loves all gathered to me
Happiness & peace of mind.
 
The Burning House
 
Outside is a world of woe.
Fire in the rafters
And lava, like hot coal, below.
But I divert myself
With the Great vehicle
Of my soul!
 
To Put out the Fire!
 
I have a hose
It's called the truth.
These are things I know.
My Soul, the summation of my life,
Depends solely on where I go.
 
So I choose to stay
To spray the water of truth
On all our collective pain and woe.
 
Fighting the Fog
 
Though smoke seek to overwhelm me.
I breathe calmly
Wearing the breathing gear
Of a mind free and clear.
 
And when I've fought
To heavenly exhaustion.
I fall into my couch
Knowing true friends gather near.
 
True Friends
 
All I love
Gather inside me.
To warm and protect me.
Encourage, warn & guide me.
They help me ward the forces of mara,
Who rend and tear, hunt and snare.
So I can protect those I love in turn.
 
The Mortal Path
 
So as my body begins to fail.
Yet my spirit continues to sail.
As nature marshals rains
To cleanse and rearrange.
And wake those in Mara's thrall.
One day we will awake all.
If I can stay awake long enough, myself
 
I ride on
Sadly observing the world of woe
Storms above
Fire below.
I do what I can.
 
I fully understand.
Will anyone listen?
Will they grab the fire hose?
Or run away with burning clothes?
 
All I can do is shake my head
And aim the hose of truth,
Instead.
 
Why People Triffle
 
I know why they bleed!
Delusions of fear.
Anger at phantoms.
Drugs and beer.
 
Holding onto lies and liars.
They March into the fire
Without a hose.
Instead of putting out fires
They are burning their fingers & toes.
 
Carvings On the Rocks
 
I take comfort.
Maybe one day they will listen.
I have carved my soul
On Rocks & trees.
 
I have shouted from the mountain.
And some have heard.
It need not be this way.
It need not be so cruel.
Mara doesn't even want to rule.
She just is deluded too.
 
Choose Life!
 
Which future do we choose!
Choose life?
Or the path of tyranny,
Which is death.
What good does it do,
To instigate strife?
There is more than enough for two.
Why take it all?
 
By:
Chris Holte, June 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment