Thursday, June 27, 2019

Good Bye Ray Charles

Written June 11, 2004

Goodbye Ray Charles, I hear your sound,
it is a a sad day, that you re not around.
Your music moved me, your vision spoke to me,
I’ll play your tunes, and sing a prayer for you,
No dirge will it be, though into the night.
 
I hear your vision, I see your sound,
It will be sad, when you are not around,
But your spirit endures, and may it continue,
rolling down the keyboard, belting out tunes,
for many more years, deathless and bright.
 
Goodbye Ray Charles, I sing you farewell,
No blind man died, no vision was lost,
I shed no tears, I heard your vision.
You touched the keys to my heart,
I’m privileged to have known you,
Your piano rocking on in the endless night.
 
Chris

Note: I had to add a little

From: https://fraughtwithperil.com/cholte/2004/06/11/goodbye-ray-charles/

No comments:

Post a Comment