Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Tracks on a Beach

I don't care if you never come home.
I only hope that where ever you roam,
Your journey is pleasant,
You meet good friends.
And the world is the better
That you were there.
That certainly is true,
For our time me and you.

The tracks that we leave
Wash away in the tide
We are temporary sojourners
That's something we can't hide.
We bear unbearable sorrow,
Til we can't do it no more.
Then we drop our burden
And walk out the door.
And the tide marches in
As if we'd never been there.

I think of an ancient Islander
I read about in a book.
The house where he lived
Is home to fish and crabs.
The island that was his home
Is now shallow sea floor.
Had he been long gone,
Or recently out the door?
Time is like a broom
Sweeping the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment