Sunday, April 12, 2015

Rest In Peace (RIP) Michael C. Ruppert April 13 2014

I followed the Career of Michael C. Rupert, partly due to some overlap in acquaintances and encounters. Unlike him, I was too chicken to follow up on my observations. I'm still alive. He's been suicided. I don't know if that is an accomplishment. A "coward dies a thousand deaths, the brave die but once." I'm sure he's off in the land of odd characters in a heaven of his own now, and finally at peace. Whether one is a coward or a hero, is often a matter of which narratives one believes. One can be paranoid about it, or one can be naive. But in either case there are real bad guys, real good guys, and most folks are in between. So who knows. Maybe he was a nut case? But I suspect he was right more often than he was wrong. I only think that way because of things that happened to me that destroyed my sense of self satisfaction. Too many people I admire have been "suicided" for me to believe all of them are suicides (though many of them were). This world is a hard one and some folks just get tired of dealing with it. At the same time the real heros have a way of "suiciding" in media res. Whether Michael is the former or the later I'll leave to the audience. I suspect he was just tired.

I started to write this back in April when I first read about his death. Suicide happens. People do give up sometimes. But I had a little trouble believing this guy would take his life and found it a lot easier to think someone killed him. But when I looked into the stor, since there was no evidence that implicated anyone. His situation was so depressing I abandoned the project. Leaving a draft on my blog. The guy was one of my investigative reporter heros, despite or because he was so human. So I figured it would be appropriate a year later to finish this post.

From the Wilderness"

He ran a blog called "From the Wilderness" which chronicalled his investigations, managed his writings and presented his life. I only paid attention to him occasionally. I confess I got his name mixed up with that of other whistleblowers and reporters I've paid attention to, sometimes. It also continues his investigations to a degree. His website reported:

"This is the man who cost CIA Director Deutch his guaranteed appointment as Secretary of Defense after confronting him at Locke High School with hard facts about CIA dealing drugs." - Dick Gregory
" ...in the course of investigations in the mid 70's he came across information that the CIA was trading drugs in order to fund covert operations in the Middle East...Perot called him back to offer encouragement...Ruppert says that his main objective is to see that the country gets a leader worthy of its people. Even for Ross Perot those will be tough shoes to fill." - PEOPLE MAGAZINE 6/22/92

He went on to discover other abuses, but his main concern was how mankind is destroying our planet:

"he’d become convinced that the places we live, the cars we drive, the products we buy, the food we consume — the habits that shape industrial human civilization — were leading to our demise. Smith was intrigued. The resulting interviews in late March and early April 2009 became Collapse, a dark, ominous documentary. The film compiled some of the most intriguing facts Ruppert had amassed during his career, along with some of his most dire predictions. Among them: the imminent end of human industrial civilization. Ruppert made "Michael Moore sound like Mr. Rogers," said one reviewer." [The Unbelievable Life and Death of Michael C Rupert]

The Cassandra Curse

Most of his friends and relatives believe he committed suicide. His last days seem like an episode of "Supernatural. Still he was a fascinating person. He suffered the Cassandra curse. He was a sensitive soul who could sense the pain and suffering, potential and doom all around him. He could warn about what is happening. Tell truth to power and tell folks what to do to avoid a terrible fate. But in the end he realized he had done all he could and he could do no more.

Cassandra was a prophetess, cursed with the ability to see the future, but the complete inability to forestall it. She was the one who warned the Trojans not to take in the Trojan Horse. Sometimes our prophets are murdered. Sometimes they suicide. Sometimes they live to a ripe old age. But it seems nobody ever listens to them.

Others are carrying on his investigative work. A Journalist named Carolyn Baker is continuing his blog and some of his efforts. I guess that is the best anyone can expect, that when the torch is dropped, someone will pick it up and keep running.

Further Reading
War is a Racket [http://www.ratical.org/ratville/CAH/warisaracket.html]
Collapse Net's report:
http://www.collapsenet.com/free-resources/collapsenet-public-access/news-alerts/item/12454-collapsenets-founder-michael-c-ruppert-has-committed-suicide
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydNqFyvisCo
In memorium:
In Memorium

No comments:

Post a Comment