Tuesday, June 30, 2020

He Didn't want to die

He did not want to die
He did not want to be a martyr
He wanted to see his neices & nephews grow old.
To sit by their beds
And tell them stories at night.
The kind of scary stories
With a safe kind of fright...

Good night.
Sleep well.
Hope your dreams are not as disturbing as mine.
For I see prophesies & visions;
Warnings of what is coming
Unless we do the right thing.
A Dragon emerges from my heart
soars above a scorched plain.
Will humans listen?
Or plunge the world in darkness again?

There is no cure
For what ails you.
You can torture thousands.
Drink their blood.
Bathe in it.
It is all the same.
An empty, hollow game.
Your soul is already in hell.
The suffering you inflict,
The pain & conflict
You will feel.
From your own vile judgement
There is no appeal.

I've reached the nadir of my despair.
It is not that I no longer care.
But I say a serenity prayer.
I focus on what I can change
And let go of what I can't.
These times of dysfunction
Only illustrate what is proper function.
We need a revolution
In our communities & hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment