Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Truman E Carpenter

Truman E Carpenter, was my Grandfather. I never met him. He died January 5 1938, approximately. My mother [See: Sally Ann Holte/Mom] was orphaned at the beginning of 1938 when his plane went down. She was barely 2 years old when he died. Doing research on him, I thought some of it was interesting stuff and wanted to share it somewhere along with URLS to other places there is info on him.

Some of Those URLs are here:

My mom (Maiden name Sally Anne Carpenter) was our family historian. Recently someone was asking me about him. So I started rereading what I had on him. I soon found out I had some of it wrong. Grandpa, Truman, was born in 1909 in El Paso! And here I thought he was born in St Johnsbury.

His family was from their, but in 1909 Truman C Carpenter [My Great Grandfather] was a railroadman working as a conductor out of El Paso for the Southern Pacific Railroad.

For more on Truman E Carpenter: Truman E. Carpenter

No comments:

Post a Comment