I could feel something wrong. Something very wrong coming. And I went to Manhatten with my wife in 2000, because it was the place we loved. We went into the Twin Towers and passed through their magnificence. And I wrote the poem "The Archetypes come alive in Manhattan" while we were there and posted it in a yahoogroup I was a member of. Nobody understood what I was saying as usual. But there is something predictive in it. The third stanza goes:
- These archetypes all dance their steps,
- all dance in wild abandon!
- In the minds of drunken revellers,
- drunk with anger, drunk with hate,
- marching down Broadway,
- stopping at Harald Square.
- Climbing the millenia tower,
- on top of a giant skyscraper!
- An angry Ape climbs the Empire State,
- and Godzilla parades his hate!
- And then both fall to their fate!
Less than 9 months later a large part of that cataclysmic vision came true. I'm gathering stanzas from this long poem and each one astounds me.