Friday, October 31, 2014

The Sinking Ship

I am letting go of what I can't control
the sinking ship that I once loved.
Is breaking apart before my eyes.
She was beautiful and sleek,
and moved at a clip over the water
But now she's worn and full of holes
And the water is pooling where once I proudly sat.
She is sinking, and I must go.
 
Oh I would raise her sails and empty her bilges if I could.
I would fix her with steel and wire and glue, yes I would.
But she is slipping below the waves, and there is nothing I can do.
I can't save her, and that is it.
 
Breathe deeply, and mourn as much as needed.
And move on as best I can.
A sinking, stinking, broken ship is something anyone can understand.
I am letting go of what I can't control

Christopher H. Holte 10/31/2014

No comments:

Post a Comment