In reaction to the wonderful yet sad reaction to his mother's death of my friend, the activist Andy Gunderson.
The Sun Sent Her a Ray.
- She lay down to sleep
- begging her family not to weep
- while the sun was shining in her window.
- The sun sent her a ray
- that drew her away
- to where the light is waiting with a smile
- Oh those gates swung open
- all her loves awaiting
- sending a spirit of joy echoing
- with the smell of jasmines lingering
- ...and a breeze carrying her soul
- to fresh places where this world falls behind.
Christopher H. Holte 10/22/2014